RECIPE FROM HERBYVORE
Make these delicious vegan nuggets for lunch, dinner or an afternoon snack. Whether you’re a flexitarian trying to cut down on meat, or just someone looking to add some protein and crunch to your day, these little nuggets can satisfy. Our delicious and healthier plant-based nugget recipe is made with HerbYvore Plant Protein Block and is also egg-free, soy-free and vegan-friendly.
- 1 pack HerbYvore™️ Plant Protein Block, crumbled finely
- 1½ tsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley stems
- ⅓ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (mixed with ¼ cup water)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs/panko/plain flour (just enough to cover nuggets)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and lightly sauté crumbled HerbYvore Plant Protein in medium heat for about 3 minutes. Mix the chopped parsley stems in.
- Add in the mushroom seasoning, paprika, salt, onion and garlic powder and keep mixing.
- Turn off the heat and add in the flaxseed mixture.
- Ensure that all the ingredients are well mixed, and you are able to shape the mixture into nuggets of your preferred size.
- Place the nuggets in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When you are just about ready to fry your nuggets, make a cornflour slurry by adding 1 tbsp of cornflour to just enough water to make a thick mixture.
- Sprinkle a bit of paprika into the breadcrumbs/panko/plain flour for more flavour.
- Make a prep station with a bowl of the cornflour slurry, followed by a bowl of the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Add oil to a pan and heat till ready for deep frying.
- Take the nuggets out of the freezer and dip them in the order of the prep station.
- Once all the nuggets are coated, begin to deep fry them until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and serve with your favourite sauce!