Recipe from Coco Oan @cocowantsyoutobyo
Kung Pao Chicken, a classic Sichuan dish that features tender pieces of chicken stir-fried with vegetables and a spicy sauce. If you have enjoyed our previous Chicken Claypot Rice recipe, you’ll definitely enjoy this recipe too! This dish is cooked using the versatile plant-based chicken meat from Next Meats! Next Meats’ Next Chicken is one of the world’s first plant-based chicken that replicates the appearance and texture of chicken thigh chunks and is just as nutritious with 21g protein per 100g serving. It is more fibrous and tender than regular plant-based chicken.
- 250g Next Chicken
- 6-8 shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups rice
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Chopped spring onions (optional)
- Vegetables (optional)
- Marinade 250g Next Chicken (thawed) with a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine, 0.5 tbsp cornstarch.
- Cut 6-8 thin slices of ginger, cut dried chillies (your desired amount), roughly dice 1 small onion, mince 2 cloves of garlic, cut 2 sprigs of spring onions (separate white and green parts).
- Prepare Kung Pao sauce by mixing 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp black vinegar, 1 tbsp black soy sauce, 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine, 1 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat up oil in pan, fry ginger slices and minced garlic till fragrant, add marinaded Next Chicken and stir-fry for 2 min.
- Add dried chili and white part of green onion to pan and stir-fry for 1 min, add 1 handful of cashews and Kung Pao sauce and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Turn off the heat and top with green parts of spring onion.
- Bon Appetit!